Monday, January 28, 2013

The Martha Stewart Side Of Me: {Notebook to Journal}

Para español visita Fiebre de Scrapbook, ahí escribí acerca de este proyecto.
At the beginning of the year I had to come up with a gift for 17 girls ages 12 – 17. This gift had to be inexpensive and thoughtful. I decided that a Journal was what the girls needed, I looked everywhere for cute and not so pricy ones. I had no luck so I decided to make them myself!
The only materials I had to buy were the plain composition notebooks and some fun paper. I already had embelishments, stickers, buttons and the other papers I used to decorate the notebooks.
IMG_7829
Transforming the notebooks was really easy. I tried to choose paper that would go with the girl’s personality. In this picture I have them almost done, the only things I had left was to glue their names and final details.
IMG_7836
IMG_7960
Here is one of the Journals finished. I decorated them with stamps, buttons, stickers, twine and strips of paper.
The girls were so happy when I gave them their Journal. I loved seing their smiles. It’s incredible how a simple notebook can be transformed into a beautiful thing that someone else will apreciate and give it a special use.
I’m thinking that you can transform some other things, for you or to give as gifts. I can think of notepads, little notebooks, recipe books, telephone and address book, a planner. Who knows? Maybe you can make a Journal for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment