Saturday, December 29, 2012

Decor: {"Happy New Year” Banner and Countdown Decor}

2013 will be here in 2 days! If you are hosting a New Year’s Eve party this post will come in handy if you want to decorate and have a festive atmosphere. 
I made a happy new year and a countdown decoration to ring in the new year. I found the idea of the countdown numbers on Lisa Storms’ blog, and I copied how she did her numbers. This project was super easy to make and added color to my house and a spirit of celebration!  
The supplies for the banner and countdown décor is very basic, just papers.
  • cardstock of bright differents colors for the numbers
  • star punch
  • for the banner: silver papers. I use silver metallic paper, vellum paper with stars in it and gray cardstock
  • solid glitter cardstock 
  • silver ribbon
happy new year banner4
From the cardstock of different colors I cut out numbers from 1 to 10. I did different sizes but all the same font.(Just like Lisa did) Using my star punch I cut little stars on the numbers. I kept the little stars that came from punching the paper.
That’s it! Now you just need to set up your numbers from 10 to 1 and you are ready for the countdown.
I use glue dots to stick the back of my number to candle tea lights. I obviously won’t light the candles, I don’t want my décor to catch fire. That would ruin the party! :)
happy new year banner3
For the banner I cut squares out of the grey cardstock then 1 inch smaller squares out of the metallic paper and then 1 inch smaller squares  in the vellum paper.  I glued the three layers and then I did a triangular cut in the button. I didn’t measure, I just cut two angled lines until they met in the middle.    

I cut the “happy new year” letters out of the glitter paper using my Cricut, but you could use stickers, thickers, or stamps.
After I glued the letters, I glued the little stars randomly on the squares. I think it adds a delicate touch of color. Finally with my normal circular punch I made two holes in the corners of the squares and passed a silver decorative ribbon through them.  
happy new year bannerhappy new year banner2happy new year banner1
I’m so happy with my banner. I’m ready for the countdown and welcome 2013!
Happy New Year Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. lindo!!!! lo vi en FSN y me encantooo, intentare hacerlo.. gracias

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encanta! muy linda la decoración, los colores y el estilo. puro talento!

    ReplyDelete