Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Martha Stewart Side Of Me: {Candy Corn And A Halloween Wreath}

I have been obsessed with Halloween this year. Decorating, crafting and thinking about a costume! To conclude Halloween crafting season I just finished these two little projects:
Wooden Candy Corn
I found this images on-line that served me as inspiration.
 images3 images2 
I cut  5 candy corns out of wood and  painted them. When dry, I sanded the edges and put a coat of clear sealer. That’s it!
Picture 001 Picture 002

Ta-Da!! 
Picture 004
When Randy saw them he said, “Wow, I hope a giant doesn’t come and eat your candy!” That made me laugh.


Halloween Wreath
I recently fell in love with wreaths.  I love them on doors, as a fireplace decor and on mirrors. There is something about them that gives me that warm, “welcomy” feeling.  The bigger the better.
Last year I made a Harvest Wreath, this year a Halloween one and I think I need to make one for every season and Holiday.
I wrapped ribbon all around the ring and then I grabbed the glue gun and started gluing spiders, ghost and bats  like a maniac.
craft 004
Picture
Picture 005   Picture 006

2 comments:

  1. Que lindo!!! Me magino que te vuelves loca con tanta cosa que se encuentra alla y que puedes hacer. Este anio tambien hare algunas cosillas para halloween veremos que tal me quedan. besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oye habia escrito aca para comentarte tus trabajos!!!... Me encantaron y las ideas q se te ocurren son muy buenas!!!
    Besitos Gaby

    ReplyDelete