Monday, September 28, 2009

The Martha Stewart Side Of Me: {Fall Decorations}

Last weekend we spent the day over at The Camburns. Erin had her house ready for autumn, her decorations were really pretty. I got home full of ideas and inspiration.

My first project was a harvest wreath. I used miniature indian corn, pumpkins, gourds and squash. I really like how it turned out.


The pumpkins and squash that I had left over I put them in a vase and glasses.

The next project were some paper mache pumpkins. I painted them with metallic paint and sprinkled glitter over them. I sprayed on a sealer to keep the glitter from coming off.

To balance out all the pumpkins I wanted to have some decorations with leaves. I bought a tray. I painted and decoupaged leaves on it. I got a leaf place-mat and leaf salt and pepper shakers at walmart to complete the leaf collection.


Happy Autumn, Everyone!!

12 comments:

  1. Way to go Liza. Beautiful decorations. Cute blog design too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. te quedo todo hermosisimo!! me encanta la decoracion tambien, quizas tengo que poner mas entradas sobre eso. besos

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing job...I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am impressed. Hope all is well other than the great decorations...Jeff's favorite season is fall and he LOVES Halloween!!!
    Love you all
    Cherie and Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hermanita!!! que lindo tu nuevo talento!! me encantaron los arreglos, Tu pintaste los morrones de diferentes colores??? y la bandeja era decopach.. te quedo super top :) Me gusto tu mezcla de colores . BESOS GABY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas. They all look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those all look great - I love the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great fall decorations! Love your cat! :)
    I posted a tray re-do today also!

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aca deberiamos copiar toda la decoracion de otoño o primavera!! creo que hare algo en mi casa para que se sienta la llegada del calor!!! me encanto tu deco! felicidades!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for visiting my blog and for the sweet comment. Kala and Cleo are adorable as well! I love how you and your husband met. How Sweet. My husband and I were married on 08/27/05!! I signed up as a follower and would love it if you did the same!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No me queda mas que alagar tu inmenso talento!!! De verdad!! Me encanta lo que has hecho los colores, disenos, TODO!!! Felicitaciones Liza, me encanta ver lo talentosa que eres!!! Te quiero mucho Laura.

    ReplyDelete