Thursday, November 13, 2008

I was tagged.

This couldn't come at a better time. I'm sure you realized that all my old posts are gone. I lost all my precious titles, words and comments. I was devastated. I've been so uninspired lately, I don't know what to post about, I haven't done anything new, nothing exciting has happened over here and I'm mad that all I wrote before disappeared.

Thank You Heather, now I have something to write about!!

I have to tell you seven things you might not know about me. mmmh All I can think of are embarrassing moments, I don't know if I want to share my public humiliations. I going to try to come up with some interesting facts about Me.

7.- I'm the only daughter not named after a grandma or great grandma. The legend says that my dad was assigned to come up with my name. He was a big fan of Liza Minnelli, so he maned me after her. I like to believe that he just liked the name and that I'm not a product of his fanaticism.

6.- In Spanish the letter S and Z have the same sound. Liza sounds just like Lisa. My parents and I wrote my name wrong for a long long time. When I was in 4th grade a teacher asked me why I wrote my name Lisa if I was listed as Liza. My parents taught me to write my name with an S! We had to look at the birth certificate, since then I became Liza. My friends and family nicknamed me, Minnelli, Liza (with the english pronunciation), Lizette or whatever they want to call me.

5.- When I graduated high school I was considering an acting career, photography, landscape design and Advertising. I decided to go for a degree in Advertising and Marketing. I've took private acting classes in college just as a hobby, I taught myself photography and for landscape design I have settled for pulling weeds out of my flower beds.

4.- It takes me a long time to clean the house. While I clean I listen to my musica bailable -danceable music- so I often start dancing, choreographing songs and singing. An hour later I realize I dusted only the table and choreographed 6 songs. This morning I cleaned to the rhythm of EuroDance. Don't Judge me! There is a reason for it. EuroDance was so hot in the 90's In my earlies teens when I stared going to out with my sisters and girlfriends. It was almost the only thing that was played at parties and in the club. (Bon Jovi and Oasis was also very popular) My older sister competed in cheerleadering tournaments and I was an amateur choreographer -I still am- and we used to put steps together and rock the dance floor with my two older sisters and two other girlfriends. EuroDance reminds me of fun memories.

3.- I keep in my closet my skinny jeans from college. I refuse to throw them out.
I promised myself I will wear them again before I turn 27!

2.- I don't bake. I don't know how, it doesn't appeal to me, I don't like sweets anyways..ok I have bake-phobia..there I said it!! I'm such a failure.

1.- I almost died from HUS when I was 5 months old. . Since then I haven't been a hospital patient.


The End!

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad your back. I like your background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pucha en serio lo siento que tuviste que pasar por esto y que tus posts murieron!!! en serio que me dio una lata no poder tener el cerebro pa ayudarte :(
    But glad that you are back like ur sis in law said.
    Cuando estaba leyendo acerca de tus coreografias mori de la risa porque me imaginaba tus bailes...me acorde de las cuestiones de la capilla en la que inventabai bailes :) awesome!
    y ni idea que no te gustaba bake...bueno supongo que vas a aprender de tu familia, porque las minas aca es lo unico que saben cocinar jajaja...sad but true y toy super contenta que no te moriste de esa enfermedad...cause i love to have you in my extended family y como unas de mis best friends...luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is HUS? WE ARE SOOOO GLAD YOU ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!
    So sorry you lost your entries on the blog! That has got to be SOO frustrating. It was great to get to know unknown things about you.
    Love ya lots.
    Love to Randy, Kala and Leo!
    Cherie and Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  4. tsss..menos mal que le hice un curso de ingles intensivo yo en el TELEDUC! (jjaja que añejo) asi como van las cosas voy a terminar escribiendo en Ingles tambien po! En todo caso tus historias no son tan diferentes a las mias...a todas nos han pasado chascarros terribles que han marcado un antes y un despues...yo podria enumerar algunos pero seria pa largo!! =) Besines amiga Lisa Liza Lisete Laisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to clean house with you!!! How 'bout comin' over! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OCHO!!! We miss you guys, come visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete